[Rd] Bug in title() crashes R (PR#9115)

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Tue Aug 1 03:24:25 CEST 2006

On 7/31/2006 11:56 AM, Robert.McGehee at geodecapital.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The below reliably crashes R 2.3.1:
>> plot.new()
>> title(1:100000)
> Process R segmentation fault (core dumped) ...

This was an internal bug in do_title.  When the integer vector was
converted to character it wasn't protected, and garbage collection in
the middle of drawing it threw it away.  I suppose it could happen with
any title that needed conversion, but the large size of this one made it
more likely that GC would happen.  Soon to be fixed in R-devel and
R-patched.

Thanks for the report.

Duncan Murdoch