[Rd] C Entry Points

Thomas Lumley tlumley at u.washington.edu
Wed Aug 2 18:38:39 CEST 2006

On Wed, 2 Aug 2006, Qsabound wrote:

> Thanks in advance for any suggestions:
>
> I found this question asked on the forum a few times, but never found an
> answer to the thread.
>
> I'm getting this error when I try to call my c routine from R:
>
> Error in .C("fifrt", as.double(x), ans = double(1), PACKAGE = "myPackage") :
>        C entry point "fifrt" not in DLL for package "myPackage"
>
> Here's some basics about the system:
>
> OS:  RHEL v3 AS (Red Hat Enterprise Linux Advanced Server release 3)
>      Taroon Update 7
>
> gcc version 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-54)

Ok. So R doesn't think "fifrt" is in the package shared library and you
think it should be.

If you go to the myPackage/libs/ directory under the R library directory
you should find a file myPackage.so. Try
   nm myPackage.so | grep fifrt
to list all the symbols containing "fifrt".  It should now be clear
whether fifrt is there.  This will narrow down the problem.

 	-thomas