[Rd] C Entry Points

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Aug 2 20:24:40 CEST 2006

On Aug 2, 2006, at 12:09 PM, Qsabound wrote:

> Thanks in advance for any suggestions:
>
> I found this question asked on the forum a few times, but never
> found an
> answer to the thread.
>
> I'm getting this error when I try to call my c routine from R:
>
> Error in .C("fifrt", as.double(x), ans = double(1), PACKAGE =
> "myPackage") :
>         C entry point "fifrt" not in DLL for package "myPackage"

make sure you used dyn.load or library.dynam to load the .so - you
should have something like
.First.lib <- function(libname, pkgname) {
   library.dynam("myPackage", pkgname, libname)
}
in your package (or use useDynLib if your package has a namespace).

If it still doesn't help, try it without the PACKAGE=.. argument and
load the .so manually using dyn.load

Cheers,
Simon