[Rd] C++ in an R package

Thu Aug 3 08:44:42 CEST 2006

On Aug 2, 2006, at 11:04 PM, Selwyn-Lloyd McPherson wrote:

> Oh, of course, a few minutes after asking, I think I've figured it
> out. :) But, out of curiosity, even if I have a C++ program
> "whatever.cpp" in /src, there is no "whatever" file in the
> installation directory; where is that information going?

A slightly dumbed down explanation:  basically all that is stored in
a single shared object located in "libs", called
PACKAGENAME.SOMETHING, where SOMETHING is dependent on your OS. On
Linux/Mac it is "so". If you have several source files, you still
only get a single shared object file which contains everything from
the different source files.

Kasper