[Rd] [R] C Entry Points

Gregory Wall gdwall at ucdavis.edu
Tue Aug 8 05:11:03 CEST 2006

Hi Everyone:

I'm getting this error when I try to call a C routine from within an R package:

Error in .C("testC", as.integer(length(x)), ans = double(1), PACKAGE =
"mypkg") :
        C entry point "testC" not in DLL for package "mypkg"

here are some useful outputs:
   nm mypkg.so | grep testC
   000006e4 T testC

getLoadedDLLs()
               Filename Dynamic.Lookup   base

base          FALSE
grDevices /usr/local/lib/R/library/grDevices/libs/grDevices.so          FALSE
stats             /usr/local/lib/R/library/stats/libs/stats.so          FALSE
methods       /usr/local/lib/R/library/methods/libs/methods.so          FALSE

getDLLRegisteredRoutines("mypkg")

Error in getDLLRegisteredRoutines.character("mypkg") :
        No DLL currently loaded with name or path mypkg

Here's some basics about the system:
  OS:  RHEL v3 AS (Red Hat Enterprise Linux Advanced Server release 3)
       Taroon Update 7

  gcc version 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-54> Thanks for the help

Sorry for what I know are somewhat basic questions. I'm trying to read
documentation to help me but I'm finding it a bit difficult.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Greg