[Rd] How to let 'R CMD check' see local libraries

Sebastian P. Luque spluque at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 20:40:59 CEST 2006

Dear List,

Whenever a package requires another one that is available from a local
library in my user home directory, 'R CMD check' fails here:

* checking package dependencies ... ERROR
Packages required but not available:
  <some package>

Here, <some package> is in a library specified in ~/.Renviron:

# local library
R_LIBS="~/R/library:${R_LIBS}"

So it seems 'R CMD check' does not read this file, even though I'm running
it as the user with the ~/.Renviron.

Perhaps one way to get around it is to add my local library to
${R_HOME}/etc/.Renviron, but I'd rather not do that, as I would need to
add it everytime R is upgraded.  Any ideas on other solutions would be
appreciated.  Thanks.

R> version
               _
platform       x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
arch           x86_64
os             linux-gnu
system         x86_64, linux-gnu
status
major          2
minor          3.1
year           2006
month          06
day            01
svn rev        38247
language       R
version.string Version 2.3.1 (2006-06-01)

Cheers,

--
Seb