[Rd] saving history through menu in R 2.4.0dev (PR#9168)

petr.pikal at precheza.cz petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Tue Aug 22 12:10:09 CEST 2006

Dear all

I encountered different behaviour of R 2.4.0dev from 2.3.1pat. I
usually save history through menu File-Save history and I use date
e.g. 180806 as a file name. Worked until I tried in R 2.4.0dev

platform       i386-pc-mingw32
arch           i386
os             mingw32
system         i386, mingw32
status         Under development (unstable)
major          2
minor          4.0
year           2006
month          08
day            02
svn rev        38773
language       R

version.string R version 2.4.0 Under development (unstable) (2006-08-
02 r38773)

Message window says

unable to open......

But it works if I try to use the file which already exists (with
warning about overwriting). So it seems to me as it is not able to
create a new file.

Bug or new feature?

BTW: platform Windows 2000
Thank you