[Rd] [Bioc-devel] Sweave windows style path (was Re: texmf error on 7 packages on devel winXP build nodes)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Aug 28 16:10:21 CEST 2006

> Maybe the installer could/should create
>
>       c:\programme\R\R-latest
>
> as a link to the newest installed version?

Not on an OS without links ....

I think having the correct TeX path is the user's responsibility, and
suggest Sweave stops trying to be helpful.  There is no guarantee that the
path you find will be a valid TeX string on any OS (there are plenty of
possible exceptions on a Unix-alike, so it is not a Windows-specific
problem).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk