[Rd] passing matrix as argument to a C function

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Dec 3 18:47:21 CET 2006

On 3 December 2006 at 11:47, Christos Hatzis wrote:
| Thank you.  The code in kmeans.c is indeed informative.  One needs to
| remember that an R matrix is a vector with attributes.

In case there is any chance that you could turn your part of the source from
C into C++, try RcppTemplate from CRAN --- it makes interfacing R and C++ a
whole lot easier.  I cannot recommend it highly enough.

But if you don't yet know C++ it provides yet another learning curve so you
may not want to go there quite yet...

Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison