[Rd] Curious finding in MASS:::confint.glm() tied to eval()

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Sat Dec 16 20:35:39 CET 2006

Marc Schwartz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone had a chance to look at this and either validate my finding
> or tell me that my brain has turned to mush?
>
> Either would be welcome...  :-)

Scoping issues can turn anyones brain to mush! This sort of thing easily
happens with code ported from S-PLUS which has different scoping rules.

Inside MASS:::confint.glm we have a call to profile which has a call to
update. I think one or both of these need to be evaluated in the parent
environment.