[Rd] abline for intercept-only simple lm models (with and without offset)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Dec 19 05:19:13 CET 2006

The patch put in R-devel is broken and I have had to revert it. abline
predates lm, and one can do things like (in the forecasting bundle)

> plot(sales,type="p")
> abline(lsfit(1:10,sales))
Error in terms.default(a) : no terms component

About 10 CRAN packages were affected.  What abline did is correct for
lsfit.

If I understand the intention, any changes need to be conditional on
inherits(a, "lm").