[Rd] setGeneric and file order in a package

Gregor Gorjanc gregor.gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si
Fri Dec 29 04:10:43 CET 2006

Ross Boylan <ross <at> biostat.ucsf.edu> writes:
> Are there any assumptions I can make about the order in which
> different files in the R package subdirectory will be evaluated?  For
> example, will it be alphabetical in the file names?  Will case
> distinctions be ignored?

Take a look at collate field in DESCRIPTION file. This is from BioC wiki[1]

"If you are using S4 classes or methods, add a Collate field to your package's
DESCRIPTION file. Generally, class definitions come first, generics second,
methods third, and then everything else."

Gregor

[1]http://wiki.fhcrc.org/bioc/Package_Guidelines