[Rd] invalid graphics state using dev.print

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Tue Feb 7 00:12:23 CET 2006

Paul,

On Feb 6, 2006, at 5:24 PM, Paul Roebuck wrote:

> Tried on R-Sig-Mac with no responses, but I need some kind of answer.
> [...]
> Does the following work on your system?

Interesting, no, it doesn't either. For png and pdf I use Quartz +
quartz.save (it produces much nicer results) so I didn't really
notice, but you're right. First I thought those graphics state issues
are specific to the Quartz device, but you have proven that it's not.
It's in fact not even Mac-specific - I have just reproduced it on a
Linux box - that's why I'm moving this to R-devel.

Here is a small reproducible example:
x11()
plot(rnorm(10))
dev.print(png)

I'll try to have a look at it later today, but I can't promise anything.

Cheers,
Simon