[Rd] R CMD config --cppflags buglet

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Mon Feb 20 15:53:43 CET 2006

On Feb 20, 2006, at 9:45 AM, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

> Dirk,
>
> It was even more wrong in R-devel, for there we have sub-
> architectures and
> it needs to be "-I${R_INCLUDE_DIR} -I${R_INCLUDE_DIR}${R_ARCH}".
> Fixed now, thanks.
>
> I don't think there is any problem in R.sh.in.
>
> Brian
>
> On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
>

>> As you may recall, a Debian user complained last year about how R
>> is out of
>> line with respect to the filesystem standards (where, in essence,
>> architecture independent files should be in /usr/share, not /usr/
>> lib).

Just curious - does that mean that ${R_INCLUDE_DIR}${R_ARCH} should
actually be somewhere else than in ${R_INCLUDE_DIR}, because strictly
speaking it is not architecture independent? It seems to me that
would just make things even more messy, and I'm wondering what Debian
does in that case ... In fact I can't even find examples for either
on my Debian machines (except for Sun's Java which seems to use /usr/
lib as R used to) ...

Cheers,
Simon