[Rd] Links to non-vignette documentation

Hin-Tak Leung hin-tak.leung at cimr.cam.ac.uk
Fri Feb 24 15:47:00 CET 2006

Duncan Murdoch wrote:
<snipped>
>>\usepackage{pdfpages}
<snipped>
> That's a nice hack.  You probably want the "fitpaper" option on the
> \includepdf command, so that you don't get an extra border around the
> page.  For example, this file test.Rnw
<snipped>
> The only disadvantages I see are that both the test.pdf and response.pdf
> files got built into the package (but only test.pdf shows up in the
> index), and that test.pdf is a lot larger than response.pdf.  (This may
> be because response.pdf was small; I haven't checked if the increase is
> additive or multiplicative).
<snipped>

I like pdfpages and do use it from time to time (as frequently as
every couple of weeks for filling expense/travel/claim forms) -
but in fact it isn't shipped with tetex 1.0 and is not in the
site-wise LaTeX installation in my work location.
(and luckily I am not using the site-wise one...). I checked and
pdfpages was added to tetex in Oct 2001 and is in tetex 2.0 which
was released in feb 2003; but sites could be slow in upgrading...
so such constructions would break on sites which hasn't upgraded
their LaTeX installation in the last 3 years.

HTL