[Rd] R plot display problem under windows when using python rpy module.

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jan 9 15:52:18 CET 2006

How is Rpy calling R?  Presumably R is running single-threaded, and the
problem is likely to be that Rpy is using blocking I/O on the R process
and hence blocking the GUI callbacks that drive the window.

The not-so-simple answer is not to do it that way.  It might be well
sufficient to turn windows() buffering off -- see its help page.