[Rd] Saving a plot in R-LINUX

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Jan 13 02:02:42 CET 2006

On 13 January 2006 at 11:02, Augusto.Sanabria at ga.gov.au wrote:
| Is there any way to save a plot produced by
| R in a LINUX (Debian) machine?

It is the same on every platform and ...

| The window opened by R to put the plot in,
| does not give any option to save it (there
| are options to move, close, minimise it, etc.
| but not to save it). How do you do that?

... explained in section 12.6 of the fine 'R Introduction' manual available
in Debian in each one of the packages

	r-doc-info
	r-doc-html
	r-doc-pdf

for your choice of format to read.

Short form:

> pdf("/tmp/foo.pdf")
> plot(x, y)
> dev.off()

Don't forget the dev.off(). And do read the manual, section 12.6, also on the
web at eg http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-intro.html#Graphics

Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison