[Rd] Linux and proxy problem (PR#8488)

Mon Jan 16 02:44:15 CET 2006

Christian

1. This is not a bug, please read the posting rules.
2. You have submitted two bug reports

This means a member of R-core has to spend valuable time cleaning up
after you. Behavior like this is not going to help you getting an
answer.

Nevertheless, I will try: you are probably behind a firewall. Your
system administrator needs to allow R to access the internet. This
has nothing to do with R and everything to do with how your network
is configured. This is something your system administrator should be
able to help you with. Can you access the internet at all from your
linux box?

/Kasper