[Rd] natural sorting

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Wed Jan 18 10:02:24 CET 2006

    Greg> The 'mixedsort' function in the 'gtools' package does
    Greg> this.  It is probably slower than the c version you
    Greg> point to, but it is already working in R.

Thank you, Greg.

BTW, given the thread, this is a typical example where it might
be very useful to add the following two concepts to the
   mixedsort.Rd file in gtools :

\concept{natural sort}
\concept{dictionary sort}

so that mixedsort() will be quickly found by help.search("natural sort")
and possibly also via the java search from the HTML help interface?
(I never use it; I use help.search() {or then RSiteSearch()}
 exclusively.)

Martin