[Rd] Display an Image on a Plane

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Thu Jan 19 21:57:36 CET 2006

Labbe, Vincent (AEREX <Vincent.Labbe.AEREX <at> drdc-rddc.gc.ca> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to R and I would like to display an image on a plane in a 3D plot,
> i.e. I would like to be able to specify a theta and a phi parameters like in
> the function persp to display a 2D image on an inclined plane.
>
> Regards,
>
> vincent

   can't think of an easy way to do this: what do you mean by "image"
exactly?  A bitmapped image from a file?  Or something like the
output of image()?  If the latter, you may be able to cobble together something
using the trans3d() function (i.e., manually recreating an image()
by drawing colored squares, but transforming each of the to the 3D
perspective).  If the former, you might be able to do something with
the pixmap package ...

  Ben Bolker