[Rd] Troubles with Fortran and C (was with the function rmultinom.c of the R's Random Number Generator)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 20 18:06:27 CET 2006

All arguments to functions called from C by Fortran are pointers
(or should be: yours are not).  The error is within your own code.

You don't want to call rndstart and rndend around every call, only before
the first and after the last.

This is not the list for advice om mixed Fortran/C programming, though.