[Rd] nls profiling with algorithm="port" may violate bounds (PR#8508)

Ben Bolker bolker at zoo.ufl.edu
Sat Jan 21 23:40:05 CET 2006

Spencer Graves <spencer.graves <at> pdf.com> writes:

> Hi, Ben, et al.:
>
> 	  The issue Ben identified with confint(nls(... )) generates a hard
> failure for me.

  "We" (being Brian Ripley and I) know about this already.
  I'm sorry I failed to specify enough info in my bug report,
but I was using R-devel/2.3.0 of (I think?) 11 January, under Linux.
Your problem is actually PR #8428, which is fixed enough to prevent
a crash in 2.2.1 patched and really fixed in 2.3.0, all thanks to
Brian Ripley.

  cheers
    Ben