[Rd] Master's project to coerce linux nvidia drivers to run generalised linear models

Oliver LYTTELTON oliver at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Mon Jan 23 21:24:37 CET 2006

Hi,

I am working with a friend on a master's project. Our laboratory does a
lot of statistical analysis using the R stats package and we also have a
lot of under-utilised nvidia cards sitting in the back of our networked
linux machines. Our idea is to coerce the linux nvidia driver to run
some of our statistical analysis for us. Our first thought was to
specifically code up a version of glm() to run on the nvidia cards...

Thinking that this might be of use to the broader community we thought
we might ask for feedback before starting?

Any ideas...

Thanks,

Olly