[Rd] problem with batch mode (PR#9062)

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Jul 5 20:53:31 CEST 2006

On Jul 5, 2006, at 2:35 PM, tenney at cse.wustl.edu wrote:

> I have a perl script that constructs some large R script files and
> runs R in batch mode with the R scripts.  It seems to work ok for a
> while then starts throwing errors like this whenever I try to run R
> in batch mode:
>
> /usr/lib64/R/bin/BATCH: line 52:  7875 Broken pipe
> ( echo "invisible(options(echo = TRUE))"; cat ${in}; echo ''; echo
> "proc.time ()" )
>        7876 Segmentation fault      | ${R_HOME}/bin/R ${opts} $
> {R_BATCH_OPTIONS} >${out} 2>&1
>
> I have had the same problem on the linux and osX versions of R.  Is
> this a known bug?

You'll have to tell us more than that - at least what it is doing
when it crashes. Please read the posting guide, we do need details
before we can help you. Apparently something segfaults in your
script, so you should attach a debugger to the process that is
segfaulting and see what exactly crashes.

Cheers,
Simon