[Rd] chron vs. POSIX

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Sat Jul 15 22:31:02 CEST 2006

On 7/15/2006 1:37 PM, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> On 7/15/06, Duncan Murdoch <murdoch at stats.uwo.ca> wrote:

>>> I think the problem is that there is nothing to signal its importance.  Perhaps
>>> chron should be added to the "recommended" package list.
>> I think that would be preferable to making it a base package, but it's
>> not the only way to publicize it.  Why not add something to the  Wiki to
>> compare the various possibilities for storing dates and times?
>
> As a recommended package it would be included in all binary releases
> ensuring access without a separate install and would provide more
> official endorsement.

Yes, but that wasn't my question.  A Wiki entry on dates and times would
be useful whether chron is a recommended package or not.  Why don't you
write one based on your R News article, or at least write what you like
about chron?  The nice thing about wikis is that if you write anything
inaccurate, someone else will come along and correct you; if you miss
something, someone will add it.

Duncan Murdoch