[Rd] % symbol in .Rd files?

Dominick Samperi dsamperi at DecisionSynergy.com
Mon Jul 24 19:07:29 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am encountering problems when there is a '%' character in
package .Rd files. More precisely, CRAN is having problems
with these characters when running check, whereas I am not
seeing any problems under Linux and Windows.  I did see
these problems, and found that escaping the %'s fixes the
problem in my testing, but apparently this does not fix the
problem when check is run at CRAN.

I suspect that there are some compatibility problems between shells,
TeX, or perl versions, or perhaps the check on CRAN goes
through more levels of preprocessing?

I can probably fix this problem by removing all '%' chars
from my .Rd files, but this doesn't seem like a very
natural solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
ds