[Rd] R and ACML

Hin-Tak Leung hin-tak.leung at cimr.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 25 14:40:56 CEST 2006

Evan Cooch wrote:
> I lie (apparently) - turns out step (7) (below) *did* work.
>
> OK, so why didn't previous attempts at the problem (i.e., using
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH) work? Hmmm....

LD_LIBRARY_PATH affects runtime behavior, ./configure ... affects
compile time behavior. The former can only influence the latter
to the extent that the runtime environment of temporary tools
built during the configure stage (./configure runs the compiler and
build some small binaries, etc and check stuff by whether the compiler
was successful and running these small binaries and see the results)
are affected.

Apples and oranges.

HTL