[Rd] % symbol in .Rd files?

Dominick Samperi dsamperi at DecisionSynergy.com
Thu Jul 27 15:33:39 CEST 2006

Martin Maechler wrote:

>     Dominick> Martin Maechler wrote:
>     >> Hmm, actually I now start wondering: Why did we ever start
>     >> talking about this at all?  Isn't this something you have to settle
>     >> with Kurt, Fritz, or whomever.. ?
>     >> Regards,
>     >> Martin Maechler
>     Dominick> Sorry if I was unclear, but yes, it was settled with the help of Kurt. As I
>     Dominick> said, the latest r-devel includes some new type checking (to be sure that
>     Dominick> STRING_ELT is applied where it makes sense, for example), and this
>     Dominick> is why CRAN was picking up problems that I was not seeing.
>
> but not related to "%" ???
>
> Also, with R-devel "as of last night"
> I (i.e., "R-devel CMD check")  don't see any problems in
> RcppTemplate or its help files.
>
>     Dominick> I guess I missed that fact about the '%' character in the docs.

This is a somewhat old post, and I didn't mean to suggest that there are
any remaining
problems (the package wouldn't have been released otherwise). The
trivial topic about
'%' signs never would have come up if it wasn't mixed up with the other
unrelated
and non-trivial problem that is now resolved.

Thanks for the feedback.

ds