[Rd] task view errors

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Fri Jun 2 16:52:40 CEST 2006

Achim Zeileis wrote:

> Paul,
>
> ctv is a contributed package...
>

>>I am getting several errors about Windows only packages when I use
>>task views.  Is this suppose to be a Windows-centric utility?
>

> No.
> I'll see whether there is an easy way to keep install.views() from
> installing Windows-only packages on non-Windows machines.

Currently, you cannot know automatically if a package works *only* on
Windows (or whatever OS else). We have had this discussion before, and
yes, it would be nice to have some additional DESCRIPTION field for
OS/platform restrictions. But then it is difficult to have some unique
identifiers and to get the information from the OS. And then people
might want to do cross-platform stuff and so on.

Uwe