[Rd] Editing a package with a NAMESPACE in place

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Tue Jun 6 17:57:33 CEST 2006

Martin Maechler <maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch> writes:

> I'm quite similar to Seth here. For that reason (and because
> Doug Bates also behaves similarly here, and we talked about it !),
> if you use  R 2.3.0 or newer,
>     example(source)
> will provide the function  sourceDir(),  so you can do
>
>    example(source)
>    sourceDir("<mypackage_SOURCE_dir>/R")

I wonder if a nice improvement would be to provide a package source
directory and have the function parse the DESCRIPTION file in case
there is a Collate field.  In that case, sourceDir() will get the
right order... But maybe it doesn't matter if you have already loaded
the package and are doing development...