[Rd] about integration of a library into package creation

Nicolas Turenne nicolas.turenne at jouy.inra.fr
Mon Jun 12 17:48:49 CEST 2006

 >You didn't show the results of installing your package.  Did that work?
 >
 >Generally we advise to do a successful install before you try to run
checks.

 >Duncan Murdoch

D:\RBuild\svcR> rcmd build D://RBuild//svcR --force --docs='all' --binary
hence i obtain the file svcR_1.0.zip
and following messages :

D:\RBuild\svcR>rcmd build D://RBuild//svcR --force --docs='all' --binary
* checking for file 'D://RBuild//svcR/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* preparing 'D://RBuild//svcR':
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* cleaning src
* removing junk files
tar: svcR/svcR_1.0.tar: file is the archive; not dumped
* excluding invalid files from 'svcR'
Subdirectory 'R' contains invalid file names:
 ade4.dll quadprog.dll spdep.dll
* checking for LF line-endings in source files
* checking for empty or unneeded directories
* building binary distribution
WARNING
* some HTML links may not be found
installing R.css in C:/DOCUME~1/Nicolas/LOCALS~1/Temp/Rinst249298526

Using auto-selected zip options ''

---------- Making package svcR ------------
 adding build stamp to DESCRIPTION
 installing NAMESPACE file and metadata
 installing R files
 installing data files
 installing man source files
 installing indices
 not zipping data
 installing help
 >>> Building/Updating help pages for package 'svcR'
    Formats: text html latex example chm
 iris_att                          text    html    latex           chm
 iris_mat                          text    html    latex           chm
 iris_var                          text    html    latex           chm
 svcR                              text    html    latex   example chm
Microsoft HTML Help Compiler 4.74.8702

Compiling
c:\DOCUME~1\Nicolas\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rbuild249291931\svcR\chm\svcR.chm

Compile time: 0 minutes, 1 second
5       Topics
8       Local links
1       Internet link
1       Graphic

Created
c:\DOCUME~1\Nicolas\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rbuild249291931\svcR\chm\svcR.chm, 18,
283 bytes
Compression increased file by 6,096 bytes.
 preparing package svcR for lazy loading
 adding MD5 sums

packaged installation of package 'svcR' as svcR_1.0.zip
* DONE (svcR)

in R environment (Rgui front-end)
i write:
 > install.packages("D:/RBuild/svcR/svcR_1.0.zip", repos=NULL)
package 'svcR' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
updating HTML package descriptions
 > library(svcR)

Attachement du package : 'svcR'

       The following object(s) are masked _by_ .GlobalEnv :

        findModelCluster

and finally when i typewrite my function
i obtain :
impossible de trouver la fonction "dudi.coa"
it can not find the function called in the library that i call in the R
source code
by library(ade4)

if i call my function by source(),  it works well

thank you for help

---------

Nicolas