[Rd] Axis line not appearing with axis(tick=FALSE) (PR#8998)

sean.pieper at gmail.com sean.pieper at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 00:25:52 CEST 2006

Full_Name: Sean Pieper
Version: 2.3.1
OS: Windows
Submission from: (NULL) (67.188.92.37)

Hi, I am trying to create a qualitative figure for which I don't want tick marks
or numbers, but having some axes would be nice.

If I do:

plot.new()
axis(2,labels=FALSE,tick=FALSE,lty="solid",lwd=1)

I expect this should give me a vertical line on the left edge of the plot, but
nothing draws. When I run:

axis(2,labels=FALSE,tick=TRUE,lty="solid",lwd=1)

both the line and the ticks draw

If I type:

axis(2,labels=TRUE,tick=FALSE,lty="solid",lwd=1)

I get numbers, but still no axis line.

I also checked with axis(1,...) and saw the same behavior.

-sean