[Rd] An offer: R packages in Gentoo Land?

Allen S. Rout asr at ufl.edu
Wed Jun 28 22:44:45 CEST 2006

Greetings.  I love R, we run Gentoo.  I want to maintain R packages in
the same methods I use for the rest of them; in Gentoo this is in "the
portage tree", or in "a portage overlay".

I am working towards something I consider suitable for production
release, and wanted to ask if there are conventional blessings which I
ought to ask of the R-devel folks; How does this usually go, in
R-land?

Are there other developeRs who run Gentoo who would be willing to
kibitz?

Separately, what is the maturity model you apply to CRAN submissions?
Is there any sort of new/unstable/stable/deprecated sort of cycle
already conventional?  This might be a Fine Manual question, but the
Writing R Extensions doc doesn't mention it.

- Allen S. Rout