[Rd] (no subject)

Filipe falberto at ualg.pt
Wed Mar 1 19:06:34 CET 2006

Hi all

I am not sure this question is better suitted for the R-devel or R-help,
but here it goes anyway

I am not a software developer but I have produced a personal set of
functions that I would like now to combine in a package.
I am finding this really hard to do only by following the manuals provided
(the language is for software developers I guess which I am far to be).
Even so I could install the R-tools in my Windows machine, and start using
the command line.
Eventually I run into problems and now I am stuck. I wonder if you could
help me with this problem.

What I have done so far:

I started by using the package.skeleton() function to start my package, I
placed the folder produced by this function inside the bin folder.
Then I’ve installed the R-tools by extracting the zip file into the \bin
folder
I have also installed the Active Perl 5.8

I could then follow the instructions on the files produced by
package.skeleton()
and use the command R CMD build and R CMD check.
Here is where I get the following problem:
after building /updating the help files I get the message " no hhc: found"
and after that "cp: cannot stat"
there seems to be a file named mypakage.chm missing

Can you help  me solving this, ?

Best regards
Filipe Alberto
Filipe Alberto
Posdoctoral Fellowship Researcher
http://www.ualg.pt/ccmar/maree/index.php?t=falberto

MAREE-Marine Ecology and Evolution (http://www.ualg.pt/ccmar/maree)
CCMAR - Centre of Marine Sciences, and CIMAR -Laboratório Associado
Faculdade de Ciências do Mar e Ambiente, Universidade do Algarve

Mailing address:
F.C.M.A., Univ. Algarve, Gambelas, 8005-139 Faro, Portugal
Fax: 351-289-800069, Phone: 351-289-800900 ext:7355