[Rd] Problem with creating links ("see also" section) in help files.

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Fri Mar 3 13:30:20 CET 2006

On 3/3/2006 6:28 AM, Aleš Žiberna wrote:
> A link in one of my help files does not work. I have in this help file:
> \seealso{\code{\link{crit.fun}}, \code{\link{opt.par}},
> \code{\link{opt.random.par}}, \code{\link{opt.these.par}},
> \code{\link{nkpartitions}}, \code{\link{nkpar}},
> \code{\link{plot.check.these.par}} }
>
> Everything in one row, the last link does not work. In another help
> file, I have:
> \name{plot.mat}
> \alias{plot.mat}
> \alias{plot.crit.fun}
> \alias{plot.opt.par}
> \alias{plot.opt.par.mode}
> \alias{plot.opt.more.par}
> \alias{plot.opt.more.par.mode}
> \alias{plot.check.these.par}
>
> The last alias should corresponds to the link that does not work.
>
> This is also produces a massage when building a binary package or
> installing a package:
>   check.these.par                   text    html    latex   example chm
>      missing link(s):  plot.check.these.par
>
> Any ideas?

Based on the error message and the symptom that the link doesn't work,
I'd assume that the alias isn't being recognized.  You could confirm
this by seeing whether ?plot.check.these.par works in the R console.

Do any of the other aliases in that file work?  Maybe there's something
wrong with the whole file.

Duncan Murdoch