[Rd] SVN troubles

Cyrus Harmon ch-r-devel at bobobeach.com
Tue Mar 7 23:31:05 CET 2006

Dear r-devel,

Sorry to trouble the list with this, but I've been beating my head
against the wall trying to figure out what's wrong. When I try to
connect to the R SVN server, I get the following message:

(sly at cornas):~/src/R$ svn co https://svn.r-project.org/R/trunk r-devel
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/R/trunk'
svn: PROPFIND of '/R/trunk': SSL negotiation failed: SSL error: bad
signature (https://svn.r-project.org)

on other boxes, things are fine. I've tried two different versions of
svn on this box, 1.2.3 and 1.3.0, to no avail. Any suggestions would
be greatly appreciated. Perhaps SSL is broken here, but I can't seem
to figure out how to get any better diagnostics for this.

Thanks,

Cyrus