[Rd] Wishlist - Give R a name that shows up in search engines ...

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Wed Mar 8 03:15:18 CET 2006

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel

> On 7 March 2006 at 10:55, Hin-Tak Leung wrote:
> | I have given up on "R" with any topic on Google quite some time ago
> | (because bits from fragmented postscript/pdf files show up, for
> | example) - but using "r-devel" with topic normally gives me enough.
> | YMMV.
>
> Nobody seems to have mentioned the RSiteSearch() function
> which automagically restrict the search to domains relevant
> to the contect of "our" use of the letter R. I quite like
> that as I tend to have an R prompt open when I am puzzled by
> R questions ...

My guess is that people were hoping to find things outside of what Jon made
available or what's on or linked from www.r-project.org.  I believe that's
not going to be very productive (at least for now).  I don't think there's a
whole lot of things related to R that isn't found in those two places.

Andy