[Rd] Wishlist - Give R a name that shows up in search engines ...

Jeffrey Horner jeff.horner at vanderbilt.edu
Wed Mar 8 15:44:27 CET 2006

On 7 March 2006 at 10:55, Hin-Tak Leung wrote:
| I have given up on "R" with any topic on Google quite some time ago
| (because bits from fragmented postscript/pdf files show up, for
| example) - but using "r-devel" with topic normally gives me enough.
| YMMV.

I think Google's filetype searching can be very useful. This was
discussed on R-help last May. Someone also pointed out that searching in
this way would bring up lots of Rebol code, but that's easily weeded out:

filetype:R -rebol apply

and of the 10 hits (of 12,300) on the first page of results, only 1
points to an R project website.

--
Jeffrey Horner       Computer Systems Analyst         School of Medicine
615-322-8606         Department of Biostatistics   Vanderbilt University