[Rd] Building help pages

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Mon Mar 13 12:54:19 CET 2006

Aleš Žiberna wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I was just wondering, why only one of my "Rd" files is converted in
> "chm" format (REGE) and the other are not when installing a package? The
> output from installing a package on WinXp is below.

I guess your are installing from a source directory from which you
already have installed some time ago. The chm files correpsonding to
*unchanged* Rd files are not re-generated. So In guess only REGE.Rd has
changed in the meantime.

> I tried to find more information about what "chm" format actually is,
> however have found none.

Microsoft's compiled html format can be accessed by, e.g.
options(chmhelp=TRUE)
?plot

Uwe Ligges