[Rd] Installation of gmodels package (PR#8686)

trfamula@ucdavis.edu trfamula at ucdavis.edu
Thu Mar 16 21:28:26 CET 2006

Full_Name: Thomas R Famula
Version: 2.2.1
OS: Linux - fedora core 4
Submission from: (NULL) (169.237.28.28)

Sorry to bother - I hope this is a simple fix.
Here is the set of error messages I recieved in trying to install the "gmodels"
package. I typed in "install.packages(c("gmodels"))" as the root and recieved
the following series of replies:

install.packages(c("gmodels"))
--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
trying URL 'http://cran.cnr.Berkeley.edu/src/contrib/gmodels_2.12.0.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-tar' length 21872 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 21Kb

* Installing *source* package 'gmodels' ...
** R
** preparing package for lazy loading
Error in loadNamespace(i[[1]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths())) :
        there is no package called 'gdata'
Execution halted
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'gmodels'
** Removing '/usr/lib64/R/library/gmodels'

The downloaded packages are in
        /tmp/Rtmpba5986/downloaded_packages
Warning message:
installation of package 'gmodels' had non-zero exit status in:
install.packages(c("gmodels"))