[Rd] documentation for plot.default (PR#8689)

dgrove@fhcrc.org dgrove at fhcrc.org
Fri Mar 17 18:31:16 CET 2006

Full_Name: Doug Grove
Version: 2.2.1
OS: SuSE 9.3 Linux
Submission from: (NULL) (140.107.156.61)

Could someone please alter the wording of the documentation of the 'xlim'
argument
in plot.default?  It currently includes "(min,max)" which led me to think that
I couldn't use a specification like xlim=c(10,1).  The basic issue is that there
is
nothing (that I see) in the help page that suggests that one can specify the
axis limits in a decreasing order and get a plot that corresponds to that.  I
had no idea
this was possible 'til I saw a posting on r-help yesterday.  Ideally it would be
nice
to somehow indicate this is possible, however at the least changing the
"(min,max)"
to "(begin,end)" or something more reflective of what the xlim/ylim arguments
represent
would be better.

Thanks!
Doug