[Rd] R make install and demo(graphics) issue

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Sat Mar 18 01:52:08 CET 2006

On 17.3.2006, at 19:08, Matthew Beason wrote:

> I've successfully gotten R 2.2.1 to compile on AIX 5.2.
>
> However, when I run "make install", I receive the following message:
>
> /appl/perform/workspace/R-2.2.1
> [root at diablo][/appl/perform/workspace/R-2.2.1] make install
> /appl/perform/workspace/R-2.2.1/m4
> Target "install" is up to date.
> /appl/perform/workspace/R-2.2.1/tools
> Target "install" is up to date.
> /appl/perform/workspace/R-2.2.1/doc
> installing doc ...
> ../tools/install-sh: no destination specified.
> make: The error code from the last command is 1.

Chances are that this is related to an issue with some shells
mentioned here before - you can either use R-2.2.1 patched from SVN
where it is fixed, or alternatively edit configure at line 1913:
if test -z ${rdocdir}; then
into
if test -z "${rdocdir}"; then
and make the same modification to the subsequent two if statements as
well.

Cheers,
Simon