[Rd] Choose.files to give shortnames

Philippe Grosjean phgrosjean at sciviews.org
Thu Mar 23 08:35:53 CET 2006

Brooks, Anthony B wrote:

 > Hi
 > I am writing a script to generate a QC report for some data based on
a number of files. I am currently using the choose.files function to
select the files as not all the files need to be QC'd. One minor issue
is that choose.files returns the complete path of the filename (eg
"C:/QCdata/Test1/File01", "C:/QCdata/Test1/File02"...). Is it possible
to use choose.files to return just the file name eg("File01",
"File02"...), in a way similar to the full.names=FALSE argument in the
dir function.

 > Thanks
 > Tony

 > basename(choose.files())