[Rd] R and sun gridengine

Kim Carter kcarter at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Fri Mar 24 09:27:49 CET 2006

Hi

I am looking for assistance with setting up R under Sun grid engine 6
(6.0-update7). I would like to set up transparent interactive access
to R using either a qlogin or qrsh solution. While it basically works
using either method, I reach the same sticking point.  There seems
to be an issue with signalling or something, as R works ok until a
non-R command is typed in - eg "blah" - at which point the remote
session is terminated (note: i am using ssh as an rsh/rlogin replacement).

If anyone has any suggestions or can point me in the  right direction,
it would be greatly appreciated.

Kim Carter