[Rd] sub returns garbage (PR#8687)

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Fri Mar 24 13:45:49 CET 2006

Hin-Tak Leung <hin-tak.leung at cimr.cam.ac.uk> writes:

> Peter Dalgaard wrote:
> <snipped>
> > I claim XP braindamage -- I'm not Linuxifying my new ThinkPad until
> > FC5 is out.
> >

> Rather irrelevant, I have been running FC5 since Tuesday
> afternoon.
>
> $ cat /etc/fedora-release
> Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux)
>
> FC5 came out on Monday. You should have linuxifying your thinkpad
> by now :-) ? Just checking...

A few other things are on my mind these days...

I'll get there, though. I've gotten XP the point where it allows me to
do all the usual evasions: Web browsing, login & check mail via putty,
Minesweep, WinAmp, but none of the productive work like debugging,
compiling, editing presentations, etc.

(I'm sure there are ways to get all the other stuff working too, but
overall, I was surprised at how much of the futzing you need to do
customize a Linux box, you actually *also* need to do on XP, and I
haven't even started on the hairy bits.)