[Rd] Wishlist - access non-text from clipboard in Windows

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 05:08:40 CEST 2006

Hi, I am just trying it now.  Suppose I copy the first few lines of
the table at:

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2006/CumulativePL.php

into the clipboard by selecting them with the mouse in IE and
pressing ctrl-C.  Now I can just go to Excel, click on a cell
and press ctrl-V and they get pasted as cells.  In fact,
that is usually what I would do: paste it into Excel and then
transfer it to R.

Is this correct?

readClipboard(49340)  # got number from getClipboardFormats()

and then parse the HTML that I get from that.

I guess what would be nice would be if one could somehow use
read.table to read it in and directly get a data frame out.

Regards.