[Rd] [R] plot cdf

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon May 1 23:51:06 CEST 2006

[Martin Maechler]

>The default is  'ask = dev.interactive(orNone = TRUE)'
>where dev.interactive() has also been extended with the 'orNone'
>argument.

Thanks, Martin! :-)  (As I'm not aware of the meaning of this `orNone'
argument, I cannot fully appreciate yet the extent of your solution.)

`?dev.interactive' says:

   Test if an interactive graphics device is in use.

I'm not sure what is the meaning of "in use" in that sentence.
An interactive device may be opened, while not being current, so some
may say that this device is in use, others may say that it is not.  I'm
not English speaking, but yet, I would dare to suggest either:

    Test if the current graphics device is interactive.

or:

    Test if some opened interactive graphics device is interactive.

rephrased in correct English if needed.

`ask' would ideally be TRUE if the _current_ device is interactive.  If
there is a used (opened) device which is interactive, but the current
device is not interactive, it would then be nicer if `ask' was FALSE.

--
François Pinard   http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca