[Rd] Warning: use of NULL environment is deprecated (in R CMD check)

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed May 10 13:22:50 CEST 2006

On 5/10/2006 5:58 AM, hadley wickham wrote:
> * checking S3 generic/method consistency ... WARNING
> Warning: use of NULL environment is deprecated
> Warning: use of NULL environment is deprecated
> See section 'Generic functions and methods' of the 'Writing R Extensions'
> manual.
>
> I don't get any other warnings or errors.  Can anyone suggest what the
> problem might be? (R2.3.0, OS X)

I'd guess you're using a pre-release version of 2.3.0.  If that's not
it, then it may be an error in your package, using envir=NULL some place
you shouldn't (but that doesn't explain why the error arose where it did).

If neither of those apply, I'd like to try to duplicate the error.
Could you send me a tarball of the package?

Duncan Murdoch