[Rd] reusing routines

Terry Therneau therneau at mayo.edu
Sat May 13 00:28:46 CEST 2006

   I've created some Splus code for a microarray problem that
	- needed to be in C, to take advantage of some sparse matrix
properties
	- uses a cholesky decompostion as part of the computation

 For the cholesky, I used the cholesky2 routine, which is a part of the
survival library.  It does just what I want and I'm familiar with it (after
all, I wrote it).

  In Splus, this all works fine.  A colleague working on the same problem
prefers R; things don't work there.  The dyn.load command complains that
the routine is not found, even when the survival library is already loaded.

  I looked at the manual page for dyn.load, but don't see anything.  What
are we missing?

  Please reply via email, as I don't read this list.  (But I likely will start
to later this summer, when I port the newest mixed-effects Cox model code
over from S).

	Terry Therneau
	Mayo Clinic
	therneau.terry at mayo.edu