[Rd] Convention difference in tseries.maxdrawdown (PR#8872)

Adrian Trapletti a.trapletti at swissonline.ch
Thu May 18 16:00:53 CEST 2006

> Regarding the upwardly compatible comment, the dollar drawdown that
> corresponds to the maximum fractional drawdown is not necessarily the
> maximum dollar drawdown.
>
> For example, in this situation the maximum fractional drawdown
> is from 100 to 75 but the maximum dollar drawdown is from 200
> to 160.
>
>> x <- c(1, 100, 75, 200, 160)

What type of drawdown to work with depends on the context. If working in
percent is more appropriate, then you might use

maxdrawdown(log(x))$maxdrawdown

or if log returns are not appropriate then the following transformation
provides the equivalent what was suggested

-(exp(-maxdrawdown(log(x))$maxdrawdown)-1)

Best regards
Adrian